NephroHUB was developed by The Northwestern University George M. O’Brien Kidney Core Center (NU GoKidney). NephroHUB is the online portal that serves to create a community of kidney researchers across institutions to achieve the center’s goals for kidney disease research. The center was looking for assistance to build the web application from concept to delivery.
The leadership at NU GoKidney were looking to expand the core of services of the research center to further promote these services to a wider community. The portal was designed to appeal to both researchers and the general population that is interested in the advancement of kidney research. Their goal was to establish an online web portal that could:
- Promote the core competencies of the center
- Easily host and display research completed at the center, and
- Allow outside researchers to order services from the center’s many doctors and researchers
The kidney center sought the expertise, strategic planning, and implementation from Xcelacore.
After an intensive deep dive into the business requirements and user expectations with key stakeholders, Xcelacore proposed a highly reliable, scalable and functional web portal built on an enterprise WordPress platform hosted in the cloud. Xcelacore used Agile methodology for all phases of the project including requirements gathering, development, performance, usability, and integration testing. After a thorough exploration into user data, stakeholder input, and business requirements, the following feature requirements were created:
- Fully functional website leveraging enterprise WordPress content management system (CMS):
- Rich content pages featuring the center’s core services
- Simple and intuitive navigation
- The ability for multiple users within the center to manage their own content
- The ability for users to order services via call-to-actions within the site
- Enhanced content search
- Highlights of faculty profiles within the kidney center
- An interactive forum that allows kidney researchers to discuss various topics
Xcelacore, working closely with the NU GoKidney Research Center, delivered an easy-to-use, easy-to-maintain, and scalable web portal that truly delivers on the center’s goal to create an online kidney research community.