Are you a passionate project manager with consulting experience that can help our clients with agile, creating organizational change, and most importantly, assist teams to deliver. We’re looking for a Senior Agile Project Manager who is passionate about coaching teams and advocating for scrum, agile, and also waterfall project management best processes and practices at our client office near downtown Chicago.
As a Senior Agile Project Manager, you are an expert in agile development best practices. You have excellent logic and problem-solving skills and a drive to make a difference. You will be responsible for facilitating agile development and making scrum work for our client. You’ll serve multiple scrum teams across a variety of projects and clients in an environment where we strive for consistent, predictable, high-quality delivery. You will exceptional communication skills, written and verbal and be able to communicate to all levels of the organization including presenting to C-level if requested.
Competitive compensation with medical, dental and vision benefits.
No. of Openings
As the Senior Agile Project Manager, you will:
- Coach your teams in agile best practices, including self-organization and cross-functionality
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily standup meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings; help the team and clients abide by time boxes and other agreements
- Remove impediments to the team’s progress to its sprint commitments
- Enact change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Support the team, client business owners to create clear and concise backlog items
- Work with teams to create project timelines and help deliver on time and within budget
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate project issues and risks
- Work with business analysts to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization, constantly improving our standards, quality, and productivity
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices
- Build relationships at the client site.
- 5+ years project management experience
- Well versed in TFS, VSTS, and other code management tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to team members and clients of all experience levels
- Instill Agile values and make teams productive, at any level of maturity
- Thoroughly understand the software development life-cycle, as well as technical issues at a high level
- Understand agile software development values, principles, roles, cadence, flow, and practices, including backlog sizing, release planning, Scrum of Scrums, continuous integration, continuous testing, pair programming
- Propose creative and efficient solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Degree in computer science or related fields is a plus
- 5+ years
- $100-120k annually DOE
Read more about Xcelacore